Friday, February 11, 2011
How did she ever get involved? 3
Years later when I renovated that room I found an axe deeply embedded in a timber hidden behind a false wall. Weird or what? Once Carmen started working at Teck she didn't have much time to come and help me with gardening at The Hollies. Carmen's abilities were soon realized and in a very short time she moved from the mailroom to being a personal assistant to Mrs. Karen Dunfee, Land Officer of Teck. Most days if I finished early enough I'd come by the Teck office in downtown Vancouver to pick her up from work. Here I was dressed in dirty gardening work clothes smelling like grass, dirt and sweat picking up my beautiful wife wearing a pink and white dress, taupe nylons and heals looking sexy as ever, quite a dichotomy. Life was good, we both had jobs and had lots of hope for the future. Yet somehow both our livelihoods ended up being tied back to The Hollies. Unbeknownst to us this house was drawing us closer and closer to itself a little bit at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment